Thursday, October 25, 2007
About Me

- Name: KCPanek
- Location: Tiraque, Cochabamba, Bolivia
An East Tennesseean, my years at MTSU were a time of discovery in which I formed some of the deepest friendships I could imagine. I then joined the Alliance for Catholic Education, a service/graduate program at Notre Dame and taught science and religion at Holy Trinity Catholic Middle School in Charlotte. Severe growing pains marked these years, but God taught me lessons I needed to learn and I emerged a stronger and fuller person. Two and a half years in the desert of southwest Idaho brought about healing, rejuvination, and a sense of self that has helped to reinforce my identity. Two seasons of chasing Southern Idaho Ground Squirrels and writing a thesis taught me about discipline and sacrifice. I then found myself on the rocky coast Wales teaching field research. A year of exploration of ecosystems and cultural identity, both mine, and that of those with whom I worked. The opportunity to view yourself and your world through the eyes of others so different from yourself is priceless. All these experiences culminated in this great endeavor. I will be going to Tiraque, Bolivia with Jesuit Volunteer International for two years.


1 Comments:
hey, it's joe, your friend from idaho (the one that smokes cigarettes)! you're back in the states, eh? send me an email or something!
Post a Comment
<< Home