Less of a back problem, more of a big toe problem
I apologize for not updating this sooner.
And I also apologize for not having any fun Bolivian stories ready for you. Unfortunately, I have been out of touch with my favorite Bolivian pueblo for over a month, since all this paralysis stuff began.
I am now in my 4th week of physical therapy. It is working really well, 80% of the responsiveness and movement has returned. And, while that is good news, I have to continue daily, and as you might imagine the PT is not available in Tiraque, hence so much time away. The doc has ordered another month of PT, but hopefully I can escape earlier than that.
In addition to time away from Tiraque and rendering Brad a temporary community of one, the PT itself is no fun. About 1/3 of the time is spent shocking me with electric current. Most of the time it doesn't hurt much, but as the nerves improve they become more sensative, and sometimes even a small voltage really stings. But, all in the name of a speedy recovery, that is what I tell myself.
That is all there is for now. I do have some more fotos, so when I get back to Tiraque and can download them I will post them.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home