Saturday, August 05, 2006






These are the Andes above La Paz, and the first glimpse of South America that I got as we flew in at dawn on Wednesday morning. The mountains near where I live are not quite as dramatic, and this time of year they are very dry and brown, much like Idaho. In fact, for you Boiseans out there, doesn't this photo look remarkably like the foothills?

The next couple of photos are of our house in Tiraque. It is Spanish style, so there is a patio and outside hallways. The rest of the layout of the house would be impossible to explain.

Yesterday we went to the Friday market, where the local come to sell thier goods. Lots of indigenous come down from the high communities. Fresh fruit and veggies are the main fair, but you can find just about anything you need.

Today the Jestuits are coming up from Cochabamba, so I'll finally meet them and hopefully learn a bit more about what I'll be doing in the next couple of years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home